Our Vision and Values
"A Bible-based, Spirit-filled, loving family of God's people"
This is our vision statement, which describes the type of church we desire to become.
By God's grace Stubbington Baptist Church will be:
1. A Bible-based Church
The Bible is inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16). It is his infallible, inerrant word. We will base all our doctrine
(what we believe) and all our practice (what we do) on what the Bible teaches. For example, we will seek to live out:
- Biblical patterns of Church leadership and service.
- Biblical patterns of worship.
- Biblical patterns for our personal lives.
2. A Worshipping Church
God reigns on high and deserves the very best worship that we can give Him.
- We will seek to love the Lord our God with all our hearts and with all our souls and with all our minds and with
all our strength. (Mark 12:30).
- We will worship God in every aspect of our lives (Romans 12:1).
- We will be mindful of the Bible's encouragement to raise our hands, dance, shout and sing joyfully to God (Psalm
28:2, 149:3, 33:3, 33:1).
3. A Praying Church
All Christians are called to be people of prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- We will depend on God's power, not on our own strength.
- We will encourage one another to engage regularly in both personal and corporate times of prayer.
4. A Spirit-filled Church
God's Holy Spirit is available to all Christians to mould our characters and to empower us to live holy
lives and to serve both Christians and non-Christians.
- We will look for each member to be baptised in the Holy Spirit and to be continually filled with Him, day by day,
to God's glory (Ephesians 5:18).
- We will look to the Holy Spirit to produce His fruit in our lives (Galations 5:22-23)
- We will actively seek the power gifts of the Holy Spirit, and expect them to be manifested in our meetings and
elsewhere (1 Corinthians 14:1)
5. A Holy Church
Righteous living is an indispensable element of the Christian life (Romans 14:17)
- We will ask God for His grace to live in righteousness day by day.
- We will confess our sins to God, repent, and seek to live his way.
6. A Loving Church
We will seek to love each other in accordance with His command (John 13:34).
- We will seek to live as a family of God's people.
- We will pray for each other.
- We wil support one another when in difficulty.
7. A Mission-focussed Church
We will respond to God's call to share the love of God with our neighbours.
- We will seek to love our neighbours as ourselves (Matthew 22:39).
- we Will look for opportunites to share the gospel with others (Matthew 28:19) both as individuals and through church activities.
--- All information along with images are copyright of Stubbington Baptist Church (c) 2018 ---